October 5, 2007
A few people have emailed asking why I haven't been posting lately... basically it's been a rotten week.
1. My one day move from State St. to Pacific St. turned into a three day move. Thank goodness for capped moving rates (thanks to tina for recommending Brian Shea). Note there's a fine line between being a collector of things and a packrat. I might have crossed that line.
2. On the first night in the new place I turned around while my 2 1/2 year old son was taking a bath. He tried to get out but being unused to the height of a clawfoot tub he fell hard and fractured his arm in two places. So we ended up in the emergency room. My wife keeps saying "at least it didn't happen on my watch."
3. I have no internet or phones at the new place yet. (writing this from a starbucks).
4. The new place is a loft with less square footage than the old place. And the thing you realize about lofts is that without walls you have no place to hang things or put things. Consequently we are living in a maze of boxes right now.
5. Shelves and shelves of books to organize.
6. General exhaustion.
Things should be back to normal next week.