Importing from Blogger to Wordpress to Movable Type
How to import to Wordpress from Blogger
This is with Wordpress 2.05 and the non-beta version of blogger available as of 11/2006. The instructions don't work with the blogger beta.
1. If you are publishing to your own domain/ftp change, change the publishing settings in blogger and to publish to a temporary blogspot blog... make sure to copy down your old settings for later (also copy the archive publishing settings). You can republish to the temporary blogspot address if you wish to see if it works, but this is not required. If you are using blogspot already then just skip to #2.
2. In Wordpress go to import and select Blogger and follow the instructions.
3. If you were publishing in blogger to your own domain, remember to change the publishing and archive settings back to their original settings.
How to export Wordpress to Moveable Type
Eric Pierce has written an export Wordpress plugin called WPexport. It was posted a few years ago and has gotten a bit crufty over time, but people on the web have continued to post code fixes in his comments. Here is a patched version that worked for me with Wordpress 2.05 and MT 3.3. You can find the original broken plugin with all the specific fixes in the comments on Eric's seeming defunct website. Perhaps he's graduated. I couldn't find a working email address.
1. So install the plugin.
2. Activate it and go to options.
3. If you have a large blog you will see a blank text box. After some time (minutes in my case) a long text file containing your blog posts the MT import format will show up.
4. Copy all the text and paste it into a word processor that can save things as simple text files.
5. Save your file calling it "import".
6. Upload that file to the import folder in the base folder of your MT installation (if there isn't an import folder, create one).
7. Within MT follow the import instructions.